4MB Interactive Ltd
February 3 2017 (Original)
June 26 2019 (Reanimated Edition)
Windows PC (Steam)
Undead Blackout: Reanimated Edition is a complete overhaul of the original Undead Blackout. The core elements of zombies, top-down action and fighting in occasionally very dark areas all remain but now at least three-hundred times better. If classic top-down shooter Loaded was merged in a lab with Resident Evil you might get something like Undead Blackout: Reanimated Edition. Reimagined and rebuilt from the ground up with the latest version of Unreal Engine 4, this is a frantic, unrelenting and supremely challenging shooter.
Undead Blackout began life as a mobile project, basically a test game while I was learning how to use Unreal Engine 4. For some reason I put it onto Steam Greenlight and for some reason it got through. Having originally released on Steam back in February 2017 in an unfinished and frankly unacceptable state, I decided some months later to totally rebuild the game from scratch. Tweaking here and there just wasn’t working. While it has taken longer than I would have liked, the outcome is Undead Blackout: Reanimated Edition. Vastly improved in every way and a game that shall continue to improve over the course of its lifetime.
- Challenging and reimagined gameplay – escape the Blackout Zones before you are overwhelmed by zombies.
- Arcade focused play style. Increase your multiplier, increase your score at a faster rate.
- Hugely optimsed over the original version making the most of Unreal Engine 4’s amazing features.
- Two-Player split-screen co-op.
- 10 Levels of Undead carnage.
- Randomised elements keep each level feeling fresh.
- Dynamic soundtrack from Harry Burt